Did you make too much hummus? Don’t worry! This recipe uses extra hummus to make a fresh, tasty spread. Serve this hummus spread with vegetable juice, raw vegetables, and yogurt for a yummy and nutritious lunch.
- 4 slices Bon Matin™ La mie de l’artisan™ 12 Grain Bread
- 60 ml (¼ cup) pumpkin seeds
- 4 eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup) homemade or store‑bought hummus (choice of flavours)
- Tomato salsa:
- 125 ml (½ cup) multi‑coloured cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) extra‑virgin olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) finely chopped green onions
- ½ garlic clove
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Line a baking tray with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- 2. Roast the pumpkin seeds in the oven for 10 minutes, turning them halfway through.
- 3. Prepare tomato salsa. Set aside.
- 4. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- 5. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water and carefully remove the shells.
- 6. Meanwhile, using a toaster or ridged pan, lightly toast the bread slices.
- 7. Spread hummus on each slice of bread. Add a little salsa, the hard‑boiled egg and finally the pumpkin seeds. Season to taste.