Toast with grilled vegetables
Grilled vegetables are popular all year round. Take advantage of the beautiful fall days to extend the barbecue season. You can add them to sandwiches, salads or a pasta salad. This toast with grilled vegetables leaves plenty of room for the vegetables to be the real stars of your plate.
- 4 slices of Bon Matin™ La mie de l'artisan™ Sunflower Seeds Bread
- ½ zucchini, cut into ½‑inch (1cm) thick slices
- ½ fennel, cut lengthwise into ½‑inch (1cm) slices
- 1 carrot, cut into ½‑inch (1 cm) thick rounds
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 red onion, cut into ½ inch (1 cm) thick rounds
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 60 mL (¼ cup) goat cheese
- 60 mL (¼ cup) sunflower seeds
- Cold‑pressed sunflower oil (optional)
- 1. Preheat the barbecue on high.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine vegetables and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Grill vegetables, turning several times, until al dente/cooked. Set aside.
- 4. Grill/toast bread slices (barbecue or toaster).
- 5. Spread goat cheese on each slice of bread. Add grilled vegetables, then sunflower seeds. Drizzle with sunflower oil.